-

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Health check...

Do you know how much stuff they can check for in just a sample of blood? Everyone in the family has been getting bloodwork done to see "where they stand" in regards to cholesterol and such since Stuart passed away. I seem to be really late to the game - but better late than never, right? So I went in last week to get my blood drawn - and I wanted to make sure they were going to check my blood sugar as well. The nurse said not to worry - the blood will be tested not only for cholesterol and such, but also thyroid, kidney liver, blood counts, blood sugar... and on... and on... in one sample of blood? Unbelievable what medical science can do.

Well, I got the results back today and the only thing that came back with an concern at all was my iron level. OK, so I am a bit anemic. Pop a few iron pills and have it rechecked in a month... *huge sigh*

True, I am overweight, so I am going to make that my new priority. Getting back into shape and dropping a few pounds. Gillian *really* wants to get me a pink bike for Mother's Day. She saw it in a Target ad last week. It is pretty. I think that will make a great gift.

I can't believe I put off going to the doctor so long. It is true that ignorance is bliss - but true bliss is knowing that I am healthy... and I plan on keeping it that way.

4 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Your last statement says it all. :) I am glad to hear that you are healthy!

Meghan said...

There you are! w00t! I've been looking for your blog, mama. I love the layout. Beautiful.

Also, yay for healthy bloodwork. Last time I have mine done I was low on potassium... so I ate a lot of bananas that week.

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

I am glad your bloodwork came back ok!

BTW, You have been tagged. Go check out my blog.

Corey~living and loving said...

I wanted to leave a comment on your new post...but I dont' see a place to click!
I love it....new bike...tons of family time. That is wonderful. I love living in the country, but the only place to ride bikes is along a hwy, and I am soooooooo not into that!
Enjoy it!