-

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

H is for History

Today marks the 33rd anniversary of Richard Nixon's announcement that he was resigning the office of the President of the United States. This bit of trivia played across my radio as I was driving in to work today - to deliver to my boss my resignation. Oh, the irony.

My boss was sad - not upset, but totally and completely surprised. They were not expecting this. It is not a good time as our department is very busy and short-handed. He accepted my resignation and we reviewed the projects I was working on as to get a handle on which ones I would be able to complete before I leave for good in 2 weeks.

On a side note, I tweaked my blog so I now have 3 columns.... oh, the possibilities!

6 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

Congrats on getting that out of the way. I bet you feel quite a load lifted off your shoulders.
Now to find your new job!

Mary Ann said...

I'm glad your boss took it well. I hope you find a new job soon.

Laura said...

I'm so glad you have that behind you now! You and Nixon both...LOL

Lori said...

I'm glad that it went well. Love the new layout.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

The layout looks great!

I am also so glad for you that THAT part is over. And hooray that he accepted your notice and you really do have only TWO WEEKS LEFT!

Lauren said...

I'm so happy that you got this milestone over with... now on to bigger and better things! I like the new set up on the blog, btw.