-

Thursday, August 2, 2007

A is for Anxiety

anx·i·e·ty
1. a. A state of uneasiness and apprehension, as about future uncertainties.
b. A cause of anxiety: For some people, air travel is a real anxiety.
2. Psychiatry A state of apprehension, uncertainty, and fear resulting from the anticipation of a realistic or fantasized threatening event or situation, often impairing physical and psychological functioning.
3. Eager, often agitated desire: my anxiety to make a good impression.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Wednesday, during my weekly project meeting with my supervisor, I will hand him my letter of resignation. This makes me anxious. I have worked for this company for over 13 years. All 3 of my children were born while I was an employee at this company.

I am anxious for my co-workers. We are already short staffed and the amount of work to be placed back into their hands is overwhelming. It is overwhelming to me, but when added to their already full plates, it will really be overwhelming. It makes me anxious.

Looking for a new job makes me anxious. I am leaving my old job without an offer for a new job. That makes me anxious.

I am also anxious at the thought of starting a new career - I am very excited, also, but today is "A" day so I will stick with anxious... gives me a good idea for "E" day though!

Glad tomorrow is another day - I am tired of being anxious....

2 comments:

Boricua in Texas said...

Big hugs, Amanda. You are taking a big leap and it is understandable to have anxiety, especially since you have been with this company for so long.

Mary Ann said...

I am so glad you decided to try this alphabet challenge.

I can't imagine how anxious you are feeling. I bet you will be so much more relaxed once you tell your boss. I can't wait for you to be a teacher. I think you will love it. In a few years, after my kids are in school, I plan to go back to teaching. It is such a hard job, but so rewarding.